“Everybody in the World is running around with no time, just running & running. But what are you all working for?” – Swami Parthasarathy.
Studies show that only 8% of the people that set out New Year’s goals achieve them.
You want to be in that 8%
But there is this: People who explicitly make resolutions are 10 times more likely to attain their goals than people who don’t explicitly make resolutions.
Let’s set ourselves up for success by designing or styling our year to come.
Join me on Saturday, December 9th, 2017 from 1-4:30pm (in Chealsea, NYC) along with other goal setters create your 2018 Plan & celebrate your 2017 accomplishments.
If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan, and guess what they have planned for you?
– Jim Roth –
- Want to become clearer on goals or intentions.
- Want to set the time aside to create a plan for their goals.
- Are tired of watching another year go by without reaching a goal.
- Want to find an accountability partner.
- Want to review the accomplishments for the year thus far & celebrate.
- Want to surround themselves with like minded ladies & trailblazers.
What they are saying:
“Joselyn’s Lifestyle 101 workshop was just what I was looking for. I found the experience to be empowering and worthwhile. Most of all, I enjoyed networking woth amazing driven women. Joselyn’s enthusiam and positive outlook on achieving desired goals has motivated me to change my procrastination habits, and set forth a plan to reach my goals in a desired timeframe”. -Skarlent. R. New York, NY.
INSPIRATION + INSIGHTS+ Fun in a safe setting
with other fabulous like minded ladies!
Enjoy some appetizers & greet fellow goal setters.
More than a just a vision party
- Why visualization works: It activates the nervous system creating physical memories in the body to act “as if” it is actually doing what you are visualizing. This is useful in creating mental maps for unconscious implementation + implementing a new habit.
- The brain lights up in the visual cortex and also in the motor regions in the higher order thinking brain as if it is actually implementing the new habit.
- Though extremely important as as one of the first steps in creating what we want, I will also discuss why, in my opinion, visualization alone is not enough to manifest your goals.
Our habits, beliefs & environment will dictate what we accomplish or not.
This is probably the most enlightening & always a favorite part of the workshop.
We live in a era that provides us with almost every tool imaginable to create amazing things. It should be easier than ever but with that comes more distractions & more things to do. People wonder, where does my time go? & how do “other people” do it?
I’ll touch on some of the reasons I have learned when making things happen as well as share my favorite resources & tools to deal with:
Fear, emotions, habits & priorities.
In all, let’s talk about what I am calling the #ModernDayWomanProblems and how it is affecting our ability to accomplish our goals and live in the moment.
- Brainstorm your goals & intentions for 2018 based on your visions and what you want to feel.
- Writing down our goals is important because it creates a neuromuscular connection (this is when I get nerdy). As in visualization, our nervous system is acting as if it really believes what it is writing. There is a communication between your mind and your thoughts.
- Get clear on the difference between a wish and a goal.
- Get organized: Review the different areas of life and jot down in the 12 month calendar so you can clearly see what a year looks like.
- Choose your word or phrase to lead the year.
“No mind is complete by itself. It needs contact and association with other minds to grow and expand.” -Napoleon Hill.
We are designed to be social so let’s celebrate what we have accomplished so far with like minded ladies.
No one has to share their goals openly or private developing ideas. You will write them down on your own paper and take with you. That said, feel free to share what you’d like, ask questions, & learn from others.
The social component increases commitment to our goals.
And..when we are social in a healthy fashion we release oxytocin.
We have billions of brain cells, capable of coming up with creative ways to achieve or goals. Having other billions of brain cells in a room, will open your possibilities up!
- What if this is the first time I am attending a workshop about this?
It’s totally cool. This is the first workshop for many.
- Will there be snacks?
Yes, light snacks + refreshments from 1 to 1:30pm.
20 to 30 minute networking after we are finished + a glass of wine with your fellow chicas.
**Refunds up to 7 days before day of event only.